Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rod Fai Market



 

As you know, there are lots of weekend night markets in Bangkok such as Saphanput Market, Patpong Market, Klongthom Market, and so on. Today, I am going to introduce you an interesting weekend night market on Chatuchak Road called Rod Fai Market.
 
In Rod Fai Market, you can find a lot of antiques, retro, and vintage items.  It is not as well known unlike any other night markets because of its poor location. It located near an abandoned railroad track, and the word “Rod Fai” means train in Thai. That’s why they call Rot Fai Market. This open air market is open every Saturday and Sunday from 2 pm. until midnight. I suggest after 5 pm. is the best time for shopping, because the stalls will all be open. 


Rod Fai Market has two large zones




The antique warehouse zone: It is on the left hand side. Most of the stalls on this zone are selling antique and retro furniture such as wooden tables, cabinets, bookcases, lamps and clocks. These are still beautiful and valuable, but the prices are too high.


 

The open-air market zone: This zone is very interesting to me. Many stalls are selling retro items like used clothes, shoes, toys, collectibles, bags, accessories, and so on. Although, people are very crowded, I can walk for hours looking at those items. Moreover, the market is filled with vendors serving testy food and drink with a reasonable price. If you do not want to buy anything, you can just go there to experience the retro atmosphere.




If you are vintage lovers, let’s go check it out! 


6 comments:

  1. I like the atmosphere there !
    I have once gone with my friends. It's cool ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the antique things zone!
    The furniture and stuff are stunning and wicked!
    I'm gonna own some of them one day;)

    The market zone also interesting but the stuff are expensive. Besides, I like how that place is offers the drink and cocktails around the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww.. i like this market a lot. If i have my own house,i would buy the Antique stuff to decorate.. said it for sure ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this place. All the stuffs are very nice and unique. Though some of them are very expensive but I think it's worth it to save money for something like that. I need to save money for it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to go there, but it's quite far from MRT wa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, can I check if prices are high? Would you happen to know the price range?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete